A technical solution to combine farm production and photovoltaics
A dynamic agrivoltaic system needs two inseparable components:
- A structure carrying the photovoltaic panels over 4 meters above ground so as not to hinder farm work
- Trackers to make them mobile and tilt them enough so as to let enough light through for the crop during photosynthesis periods.
These two products, developed by Optimum Tracker and Sun’R, meet the specific requirements of the farming sector
Combining a structure and an optimised tracker system provides numerous advantages to the farmer
- Height: 4 to 5 meters above ground to let farming machinery go through
- Width: possible distance between poles between 7 and 9 meters in order to keep the standard spacings of crop rows and thus the plant density per hectare.
Solar monitoring systems (“tracking”) have been designed to enable the quasi vertical tilting of panels
- Avoid damage on crops and grounds caused by rain water on panels
- Daily shade may be below 5% according to the physiological needs of the plant
The system is installed on steel-forged poles
- No concrete
- Easy dismantling
- Minimum ground pollution